Monday, November 22, 2004

It May Be Another Phase

i start things. i find something that seems interesting, and i simply must be a part of it. i need a constant supply of fresh, novel ideas and activities. i have always been this way. And i get REALLY into things. i seem to think that i will be the person who will do the new thing more enthusiastically and intentionally than every other participant. i recently moved dozens of boxes of my former endeavors out of my childhood home. Not much of a "finisher", i guess. i am not even a "continuer". This blog thing was introduced to me by Sara, who was my best friend and virtual sister throughout my childhood. We don't have much contact, but at our most recent incidental reunion a few weeks ago, i guess she saw in me the kind of attention-seeking, self-centered egomaniac who thrives on things like this. She is right, no doubt. And i know that i will get REALLY into it for a while. In fact, i will be such a terrific blogger that i will probably eventually consider quitting one of my jobs and investing (someone else's) money in a new computer and a faster connection and a scanner that does everything but sing and dance and a new keyboard like the one i used to have at work that didn't make my wrists hurt and a new computer station, just because, and.... This could go very very badly. This might be a very bad idea. But it seems like so much fun. i get to write stuff and assume that other people are going to read it. People i don't even know. People who can never say, "Shelly, that is SO not how that happened!" This is going to be a beautiful thing. But it is probably just a phase.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I am pleased that you have started your blog. I imagine that you have a lot to say like myself. I plan on checking your blog daily. Do you want me to link to your blog? If you do, then many others will read your wise and insightful comments and posts...like my mom, my friends, my blog strangers, and my relatives. The blog is a facinating idea. I love it.

6:06 PM, November 26, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home