Saturday, October 21, 2006

movin' on...

i want a new job. i need a new job. i want to do something meaningless and mindless and perhaps even dull. something that stays neatly confined in the computer/planner/office and does not threaten to follow me through my personal life and "free" time. i am currently taking any and all suggestions for a new career. even better would be any and all offers for immediate gainful employment. i won't hold my breath.

those fields officially excluded from the "any and all" category are as follows:

*anything that puts me in the same room as a large group of children under the age of 7. i'm done with that.

*anything that requires me to spend long periods of time outside in the winter.

*anything that requires the phrase "please pull up to the window".

*anything that presents the possibility of contact with fecal matter

*anything that places me in close proximity to other peoples' smelly pets

otherwise, it's wide open. second impression will be accepting suggestions until a suitable solution to this career crisis has been determined. thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carm said...

Hmmm.... I have often wondered this very thing for myself... I thought of becoming a truck driver because I like long drives and listening to music all day long. But then I realized you have to drive a semi through traffic in cities and stuff. Yikes.

I have one career-related thought so far... Sous Chef may be out for you (that's after reading your previous entry... which I can TOTALLY relate to):)impala64

10:41 PM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

What about working at the clinic office like our moms did/do? Lot of computers, cubicles, gossip, and luncheons.

This is a hard one. Job hunting is difficult. Is craigslist helpful in ND?

8:08 AM, October 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home