Friday, October 28, 2005

too much too fast

i have taken to keeping a small card in my purse to periodically jot down a key word or phrase reflecting something i discover throughout the day which simply must be "blogged" about. the list grows rapidly and my visits to the computer are far too infrequent to keep up. i worry that by the time i get to the keyboard, i will have forgotten what was so important about the topic in the first place. i also "write" a lot in my head. word order and sentence structure seem to come so freely and naturally when i am driving and reflecting... there is a part of me that always feels a little sad about the story or comment that was lost because i couldn't remember exactly what i had wanted to say about it when the thought first occurred. i actually do miss those words. i feel as though i once knew them and loved them but i will never know them again. the truth, i am well aware, is that i obviously imagine myself to be a much better writer than i actually am. i groan and lament the loss of words that i choose to remember fondly, but probably sucked. but the current topic list is at 8 and the initial list from last year (the stories about my father) is at approximately 14, and so i shall blog on. because i want to and it's up to me to decide if i want to try to present myself as more interesting than i really am. you don't know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home