Sunday, October 23, 2005

nano nano

i own an ipod nano. this is one of the stranger realities of my life. i have tended toward technological avoidance for my EN-tire life. didn't even own a real game system. (also didn't have to, sara had an atari). i refused to learn what the internet was or how to use it until a college class absolutely required it. that was in 1997. i have no idea how to make a computer do anything except take me to my blog and make written documents into hard copies. i don't even understand what a scientific calculator is or why the hell anyone would desire such information. and i still don't know how napster works. jan got us cell phones and i have learned just enough about it to make it ring and to text message (because i am very bitchy and i like to be as rude as possible as soon as possible. see earlier "news" post.) once i got my phone to work as an alarm. i don't know how stuff happens. like the pictures that i post on by blog...pixie dust and tiny photo-fairies. that's how they get there. but i have the newest of the new technologies in the mp3 world. (i don't know what mp3 means. does it mean something?) i have this hot sleek little device that, when i plug a cord into it and push the middle of it, all of my very favorite songs in the world play through the speakers of my car. i even ordered the arm band so i can listen while i work out at the Y. this could send a very wrong message. someone may spot me with my little magicmusicmaker and leap to the assumption that i am a "techie" of some kind. they will ask me questions and i will have no idea what is going on. they will talk about things that give me a headache. they will show me their own personal techie toys. they will ask me about gigs and other words that i don't understand. perhaps i will wear long sleeves. i hate it when my eyes glaze over while someone is trying to have a conversation with me. i don't like to have no idea what is going on. i am afraid i am misrepresenting myself. maybe i had better not bring the little toy to the gym. but i really love how cute the armbands are. if anyone approaches me and looks at it, i will just pretend to pass out before they start to talk. that should work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I love ipods. Yes, I am a little tech savvy, but ipods are terrific. I am now at maximum capicity for my ipod and feel the need to buy a new one. I am so selfish. I think you are doing quite well with your tech savvy...heck, you have a blog.

8:31 PM, October 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home