Tuesday, November 08, 2005

delete

before i was even finished editing and adding pictures to my previous blog, i had an anonymous comment on it. this person, who chose to remain nameless, read the post and determined that i was basically a self-loathing, self-centered, unhappy little self who would be much happier if i spent some time thinking about other people and less time hating myself. interesting. from my BMI goal, s/he deduced that i need to learn to like myself and that changing my body isn't going to make a significant difference in my self-esteem. i should make an effort to reach out to people and make friends. that was the advice. to that random anonymous person i would like to say two things: first...if you read the description of my blog, you will note that this is my place to rant about all things irritating and aggravating to me. this is not my venue for sharing all of the good things i do with my time and life. that stuff is boring and no one wants to hear about it. i have plenty of friends and a healthy commitment to my fellow human beings. that is why things piss me off so severely. second: issues, i have plenty as can be witnessed in previous postings. body image: not one of them. i strain to imagine how one could be so humorless as to mistake a post of such ridiculous proportions as a cry for help. i deleted it. not because i can't handle the feedback. i actually rather enjoyed it, typos and all. i deleted it solely because how many times in one's life does one have the power to completely annihilate an inaccurate assessment of one's self? delete!
p.s. is the analysis that i am less than gleeful on a daily basis really a breakthrough discovery?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Shelly, I love those random comments. They usually crack me up. The best is when people think they are leaving deep and thoughtful comments.

4:01 PM, November 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home