Sunday, April 09, 2006

the e-world is definitely shrinking

i was tracked down today. accidentally, of course. by a woman from my hometown with whom i worked in 1998-99. i have wondered since i started this absurd little thing how long it would take for someone i know to find it without assistance. i am just incredibly grateful it wasn't my brother. i don't think he would appreciate his portrayal...
anyway, the blogworld is closing in on me and i think it is a good thing. now i find myself wondering: who else might find me? what might they not know about me that they wouldn't want to learn here? then i remember that this whole damn thing is full of incriminating and potentially damaging gut-wrenching truth and that's just the way i have chosen to be. so i guess random strangers, old friends and blog-crossings will all find out much more information about me than any of them ever wanted to know and i think it's a little bit funny. i just wish i could see all the faces when this is happening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carm said...

Oooohh accidentally. Did I make it seem like that? No, sorry... Shelly, I've had people working on this for some time. (Just kidding!) Well, I've read back a few months worth and I have to say I was only surprised that you didn't like "tongue rings" :) My face? All smiles. It was so cool to discover you and get to hear/read a little Shelly-rant all over again. I've missed you. Give me a shout. My e-mail is on my blog's profile page.

PS I love Dorothy Parker.

11:17 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

Shelly...isn't it a small blogworld, after all? I love it. I love that I know you and Carmen from completely different lives, yet you guys know each other. This means something...it means that we look for something in someone and find it and these things cross lines...blah! It is interesting to think about is all I am saying.
Also, I am in GF. I am on a spring break from my life. I love it. B and G are treating me very well with cookies and coffees and all things I love.

8:51 PM, April 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home