Sunday, January 22, 2006

black-eyed dreams

on saturday morning i woke to my alarm clock at 6:30, rousing me from a wicked awesome dance revolution at target. i freakin' love dreams. just before i had to wake and face the day, i was trotting and shakin' it to one of my newest favorite guilty pleasure songs. it went a little something like this. i am walking through supertarget quietly and methodically, alone. suddenly, over the store intercom system i hear: "i drive these brothers crazy i do it on the daily, they treat me really nicely..." without warning the dance craze of the century erupts all around me and everyone is trotting throught the aisles performing exactly the same dance and singing along. naturally, since this is my dream, i knew the dance and joined in. then i realized that i am not alone after all...i look toward the checkout lines and there are two of my best friends from grad school, nikki and bec! i pull them out of line and shout enthusiastically, "COME ON!! LET'S DANCE!" so the three of us dance and sing our way into a part of the store where we were apparently going to buy ourselves a freezer. i wish that i had a camera so i could include a short clip of myself performing the dream dance. it really is quite a thing to see. and incidentally, all of the parts of "my humps" that i don't know in my real awake life, no one knew in my dream life. there were just a lot of mumbles at those times. i freakin' love dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home