Saturday, December 16, 2006

fake sister

for you long-time readers, or those of you who have recently chosen (against my cautioning advice) to waste a great deal of your time reading backwards on this blog, the topic of my fake sister is not a new one. for anyone who doesn't know what a fake sister is.... about 9 months ago there was a photo of a young woman in the local newspaper-- the expression that was captured in the photo caused nearly everyone i know to think they were looking at a picture of me until they read the caption, at which point most of them decided that this woman absolutely must be related to me in some way because the similarities are uncanny. there was a bit of research devoted to the issue for a bit. anyway... i have no idea who this woman is, but it was awfully strange to see someone else running around with my face on her head.

in april i told my stylist all about this picture and how weird it was and how all of us got a little creepy about wanting to find this person just to see what she looks like in real life. i told her the woman's name and that i was so curious, but what does one do with a situation like this? can't very well just go tracking her down for the sake of a perceived physical resemblance.

in september i was at the salon again... elizabeth said to me: 'what was the name of your fake sister?' i told her. then she said: 'i thought so!! i cut her hair a couple of months ago.'

yesterday i was at the salon again... 'has my fake sister been back?' 'yes! she comes to me regularly now.' 'did you tell her that she has a fake sister? that another of your clients thinks she is related to her?' 'no, i couldn't get myself to!' 'that's probably a good thing. don't want to frighten the poor girl.'

so my fake sister and i have the same stylist. i have gone to elizabeth for like 3 years and now my newspaper sister does too. how weird. some day we'll probably be there at the same time. i still wonder if she looks like me in real life. and i still like the idea of referring to her as my sister. cause it's funny and a little creepy. and that's ok with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carm said...

You've been a blogging maniac lately. I love it! I can barely keep up.

4:16 PM, December 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home