Thursday, July 20, 2006

google image

as i completed my previous post, i had to google image search the words "boy cut" to find a picture. this was an effort to offer some visual support for my reader. this seems innocent enough, but there are a few people sitting behind me at the coffee shop and i suddenly realized that i was scrolling through pages of women in their underwear. if i saw someone doing that i would probably laugh right out loud at them and my first assumption would not have been that they were simply offering a suggestion for under-comfort to a friend or two. so i turned that screen off. then i thought of a fun (a relative term, i know) game to play. i am going to google search words that by definition have no image and see what i find. so far i have discovered that the greatest diversity of images i have seen on google thus far in my internet experience occurs when one enters the word "spirit" into image search. apparently there are a lot of attempts out there to capture the concept visually. check it out, it's fun.

ok. i know that the prior suggestion definitely falls short of almost everyone's standard for "fun". even mine. and my standards for entertainment have been recently reduced to coupon- clipping in the morning and beer-drinking any other time of day. my image search game is not "fun!". it's a lame attempt to do somethinganythinggoddamnitSOMEthing that will keep my mind locked on the world outside of itself. let's be honest, i should just re-enter the words "boy cut". that's kind of like shopping for underwear and everyone thinks that's fun, right!? i think i should just check my email...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home